Assistant Site Manager
We are seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Site Manager on a permanent basis to work alongside the Site Manager on behalf of our Client, who is one of the largest residential developers in the UK.
The Assistant Site Manager will assist the Site Manager to ensure health and safety on site, material supplies are available, manage both direct employees and subcontractors, make sure risk assessments are completed and most importantly project manage the build process from the ground up to each plot of site.
The successful candidate will have worked onsite before and be familiar with the key aspects of site management. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to plan and organise the workload whilst being comfortable making decisions that positively impact the experience of customers.
Organisation and Control of labour and sub-contractors
- Completion of weekly planning sheets to ensure the overall build programme is met.
- Provide direction to individual contractors and contractor’s management to ensure quality standards are met.
- Resolve any conflicts that may occur between operations.
- Co-ordinate with the Site Manager to ensure the availability of materials to meet the construction programme.
- Maintain daily diary to record site events and requirements.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a site safety induction for all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health and Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with our clients Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Completion of all statutory forms on a weekly basis.
- Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub-contractors or management.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Sales Executive regarding customer options and variations.
- Liaise with the Sales Executive, Buying Department and sub-contractors regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Co-ordinating with the Sales Executive the resolution of customer issues.
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
- Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- Accompany inspectors during the course of their visits.
- Assist the Site Manager in completion of the Home 0uality Inspection (HQI), prior to Customer Relations Manager HQI sign off inspection.
- Assist the Customer Relations Manager (where required) with the introduction of the customer to their new home at their Home Demonstration, ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved.
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation, inclusive of all items identified at Home Quality Inspection.
- Assist the Site Manager and Customer Relations Manager if required, in regular visits to customers post legal completion to ensure the customers satisfaction with their new home.
- Assist the Site Manager and Customer Relations Manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Assist the Site Manager where applicable during the Customer Journey
- Assist the Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
- Undertake regular inspection of each property during each stage of the build process and complete “snagging lists”.
- Issue defect sheets to relevant trades.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
- Assist the Site Manager applying Company operating framework franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
Control of Work
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company
- Trade background
- NVQ Residential Construction Site Supervision L4
- Detailed knowledge of building process, including NHBC and Building Regulations
- First aid qualified
- CSCS card holder at Manager/Supervisor level
For this position a salary range of £32-£33K is being offered per annum.