CMM Operator | Stockport | Permanent | £neg.
As a leading manufacturer, supplier, and tester of bespoke metal products, this multi-national company with more than 30 years of history offers an excellent opportunity for a CMM Operator to join their team and take responsibility for creating and running CMM Programs for the inspection of precision machined components for the Oil & Gas and Aerospace industries.
The CMM Operator will report to the Inspection Team Leader and will play a key role in the continuous improvement of the inspection department.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create and run CMM Programs
- Store and maintain a CMM log of programs
- Produce inspection reports during and after final machining
- Produce Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s) as required to enable rectification or modification to assemblies or individual components
- Liaise and have input with the QA/QC department for Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Conduct inspection of components, as and when required, for first off operation, patrol inspection and final inspection to meets the necessary standard
- Carry out ‘First Article’ inspection
- Carry out ‘First Off’ off inspection
The successful candidate is likely to have experience in the Oil & Gas manufacturing sector with:
- The ability to work with either CAD models or Engineering drawings to create CMM Programs
- Experience of LK software (CMM), CMM Manager, Camio & LKWincmes
- Experience with inspection equipment; Micrometers (all types) Vernier’s, Shadow Graph, Hardness testers and other general manual inspection equipment
- Faro Arm experience would be advantageous.