Influx Recruitment are working with one of our major clients within the Engineering Industry who are looking to add a CNC Machinist to their team in Glenrothes.
This is initially a temporary contract expected to last between 3 – 6 months.
Days, nights and weekend worked required on a rotational basis.
As the CNC Machinist your duties will include:
- Interpret Engineering drawings manufacturing components within set tolerances.
- Interpret engineering drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective tooling/programming solution without compromising quality or safety
- Plan and schedule workload according to weekly production schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent meeting weekly targets
- Carry out work through turning, milling and horizontal boring departments as instructed.
- Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
- Willingly assist chargehand to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
To be considered for the CNC Machinist you must have the following experience and qualifications:
- Time served apprenticeship
- Working knowledge of various machines
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas market
- Ability to work to the tolerances set by client
As well as a very competitive rate the following is also included:
- Shift Work
- Holiday Accrual
To apply for the position of CNC Machinist please contact Robert at Influx Recruitment by phone or email.
Phone: 01592 725200