CNC Programmer / Manufacturing Engineer | Fife | Permanent
Our client has more than 40 years’ experience supplying high quality precision machined parts to the Oil & Gas industry. Due to continued success, they are currently recruiting an experienced engineer with CNC Programming experience to play a critical role improving manufacturing processes as well as providing ‘hands on’ programming knowledge.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will utilise your CAD/CAM software knowledge to ensure there are no shortfalls of programs available on relevant machines.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Achieving all relevant KPIs.
- Maintaining the up-to-date visual management display.
- Enhancing delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- Create and take ownership of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent standardised shop floor processes.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate manufacturing processes in industrial plant: Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilising knowledge of product design, materials and parts, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Work with the manufacturing department and help them understand the technical concepts that should be looked after during the manufacturing process of the products.
- Working closely with the quality assurance team to make sure that the product is meeting the quality constraints as well
- Liaise with suppliers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate goods in according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
You will have either an Engineering Apprenticeship or Degree level qualification with experience of using of CAD / CAM systems in a precision machining environment. It is expected that you will have demonstrable experience of implementing process improvements and utilising Continuous Improvement methodologies.