Commercial Director | South of Scotland | Permanent | Competitive Salary + Bonus
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a well-established manufacturing business with a significant history of producing and supplying products globally.
Among rolling hills, moorland and valleys, yet only an hour or so away from Edinburgh, Newcastle and Carlisle, you can enjoy the perfect balance of rural living while living close to major urban areas and travel links.
The Commercial Director will play a key role in the future growth of the UK business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Commercial Director will take full responsibility for identifying new market opportunities, determining the optimal pricing to balance profit with customer/client satisfaction, and directing marketing operations.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understanding the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Work closely with Engineering to advise on potential new product opportunities
You should possess a Degree level qualification with proven experience as Commercial Director or other relevant role within engineering / manufacturing industries.
In addition, it is expected that you will have outstanding commercial / negotiation skills, ideally with Project Management experience.