Design Engineer | Tayside | Permanent
Our client develops safety focused products and services to a varied range of industries including Food & Drink, Chemical Processing and Oil & Gas. Due to a sustained increase in work, they are currently recruiting a Design Engineer to take responsibility for the research, development and design of specialist industry equipment across the group’s portfolio.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will be the company’s technical authority for the development of specialist safety equipment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Utilising CAD for generating 3D Models, assembly drawings, P&IDs, sketches and diagrams.
- Developing technical proposals, design documentation and verification reports, ensuring compliance with relevant technical standards and recognised codes of practice to meet the requirements of the companys customer and client base.
- Liaise directly with the company’s customer / client base to gather relevant information for developing engineered solutions.
- Develop work instructions for specalised tasks.
- Mentor junior Engineers.
- Make a proactive contribution to the successful implementation of Health, Safety & Environmental policies and processes.
To be successful, it is expected that you will have:
- HND in an applicable discipline (Mechanical Engineering), together with industrial experience in design of mechanical systems.
- CAD experience (Ideally Autodesk Inventor).
- Civil Engineering / Fabrication experience would be advantageous.