Electrical Commissioner | Ireland | Permanent | circa €39,000
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a first class, globally recognised renewable energy company who provide operational and maintenance services on wind farms throughout the UK & Ireland.
As an Electrical Commissioner, you will use your electrical skills to ensure newly installed Wind Turbines are in a safe and operational state to generate power before handover to the client.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all commissioning activities and tools comply with company HSE regulations and specific HSE regulations for construction sites.
- Responsible for accurate completion of all commissioning documentation and report the commissioning status to site management.
- Commission the turbine and its associated assemblies.
- Report quality, status and progress issues to the site management and Lead Commissioner.
- Rectify defects during the commissioning process.
- The windfarm control systems and site communications readiness.
- Support on Technical problems during the Project Management phase.
- Responsible for Condition Monitoring Commissioning and testing.
- Conduct Pre commissioning inspections to ensure turbine readiness.
- Issue of non-conformity reports (NCR) during commissioning period.
- Order parts required for repair through site management.
- Report quality deviations for input into the uniform snag list.
- Fix minor quality issues (e.g. cabling problems) upon identification
You should have an Electrical Engineering qualification (HND, Advanced Certificate or Degree Level) with experience as an Electrical Service Technician. Additionally, you should have experience in technical report writing, electrical installation, voltage testing and programmable control systems.
This role is a mobile role, initially covering Ireland. However, there may be a requirement for the Electrical Commissioner to work on Mainland Europe for up to 3 weeks at a time in the future.