Electrical Winder/Fitter| Temporary to Permanent | Fife | Immediate Start
Influx Recruitment are delighted to be supporting one of our Fife based clients with an exciting new role for an Electrical Winder /Fitter. Our client are a provider of electromechanical products and services across the globe. Offering new equipment, workshop services, site services and parts for HV/MV/LV motors & generators, pumps, gearboxes, compressors and other rotating machinery.
The purpose of this role is to perform miscellaneous operations involving dismantling, rewinding, repairing, reassembling, static testing etc. Solid understanding of motor and Generator theory. Rewind various motors, generators and armatures. Install coils on various pieces of equipment.
- Dismantle, rewind, reassemble and static testing of AC/DC motors and associated equipment including gearboxes.
- Attending on site to remove and install AC/DC motors and associated equipment.
- Inspection of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
- Testing the condition of windings according to International Standards.
- Document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics.
- Dismantle and / or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
- Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound stators and rotors
- Observe proper insulating techniques and / or requirements during rewinding, to PP standards.
- Operate specialised repair and testing equipment, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks and various hand held power and non-power tools.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure you adhere to Health and Safety responsibilities at all times, including following all appropriate procedures and using the appropriate procedures and using the appropriate protective equipment.
- Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and conducted in accordance with processes, procedure and measures in place to mitigate risks.
Relevant contacts in relation to Key Responsibilities:
Internal: Team Leader, workshop manager and PM
External: Customers on site.
Objectives & Measurement:
HSE, contractual compliance
Person Specification – Qualifications:
- Five years’ experience working in electrical/mechanical repair shop environment.
- Formal recognised apprenticeship in electrical engineering
Person Specification – Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication skills
- An ability to communicate well with team at all levels to discuss, liaise and negotiate work related tasks effectively
- Good customer service skills
If you wish to discuss this position further or wish to be considered then please contact Stefan at Influx Recruitment on 0131 331 1500 or via email: email@example.com