Firmware Engineer | Glasgow | Permanent | £negotiable based on experience
Are you an outstanding Firmware Engineer with experience of playing a key role in the R & D department of a busy manufacturing organisation?
If so, this industry leading multi-national company with manufacturing sites across North America and the UK are currently looking to recruit someone like you.
As Firmware Engineer you will report to the Engineer Manager and take responsibility for driving, and maintaining the evolution of the products’ embedded software.
Your additional responsibilities will also include:
- Hardware/ F/W design for new products involving microcontrollers , DSPs (Digital Signal Processing), FPGAs and analog / digital front ends
- Development of new functions and adaptation to the latest versions of standards and hardware
- Diagnostic and maintenance (bug fixing)
- Version Management and traceability
- Develop and support lab area productivity improvement efforts including test automation
You should have a relevant degree level qualification (Electronics or Computer Science) with experience of Embedded Software Development, Embedded C/C++, FPGA / ASIC design, Hardware verification, PCB board design/bring-up, Real Time operating systems (e.g., Linux; VxWorks).
Design experience with Xilinx Artix 7/Virtex7 FPGA, is added advantage.