HSE Manager | Fife | £Neg | Permanent
Our client is a nationally recognised name in the home improvement industry. They are currently recruiting for an outstanding Health, Safety and Environmental professional to lead their Compliance team.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the HSE Manager will, through policy enforcement and program planning, ensure that operational, environmental and health and safety procedures are relevant, up-to-date and complied with.
Working with the senior management team, lead the training and development of all individuals to improve their understanding and compliance with company procedures and current legislation.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Carry out a gap analysis of existing operational, environmental and health and safety procedures, identifying areas where new procedures are required. Develop identified procedures.
- Implement new and updated operational, environmental and health and safety procedures, ensuring that all personnel are trained and fully understand the procedure.
- Review existing method statements and risk assessments in line with current legislation, updating as required and implementing to the workforce.
- Stay up-to-date with both health and safety, and environmental regulations to ensure that the company complies with changes in legislation.
- Update the management team on changes to legislation that affect the business. Develop and implement new procedures to ensure that we are compliant with these changes.
- Work with operational management to develop of all health and safety documentation.
- Carry out daily internal audits in the form of installation site inspections to ensure that procedures are being adhered to.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any non-conformances recorded during site inspections, identifying any trends relating to both procedures and personnel.
- Carry out environmental audits to ensure compliance with both environmental legislation and company procedures.
- Collate evidence relating to insurance claims and liaise with relevant external parties. Determine if there are lessons to be learned, developing and implementing changes or new procedures as required.
- Develop an annual training plan to ensure that all operational, environmental and health and safety training is delivered to the workforce. Monitor the training to ensure that it is received by all staff.
- Offer support to the management team in terms of researching issues that affect the operation of the business.
- Increase awareness of and influence company standards.
It is expected that you will have an outstanding track record of developing and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental systems with specific knowledge of ISO 14001 & 45001.You will have a formal H&S Qualification (Nebosh etc.) with excellent communication skills.