International Business Development Manager (Marine) / Permanent / Dundee Based / £50,000-£60,000 D.O.E
Are you are a Business Development Manager that is an enthusiastic and committed individual, with the desire to exceed customer expectations?
Are you are able to work on your own initiative and are you willing to travel and work extensively within a Global Marine environment?
Then this could be the perfect position for you!
Influx Recruitment are delighted to be working another exciting vacancy for another Dundee based Client. Our client is a group of businesses focused on safety and on delivering economic benefit to its customers. It achieves this with a portfolio of technology-led products and services engineered to protect those working in hazardous environments across the oil, gas, energy and marine industries
Group member’s work around the globe from regional hubs located in the UK, UAE, US, Australia and Malaysia as well as through various partners.
Our client is experiencing an exciting period of growth; to support this they wish to add to their existing compliment of Business Development personnel with an experienced Business Development Manager focused on the Marine Sector.
Purpose of the job
You will be a key member of the team and you will be responsible for your own day to day sales activities with existing and new customers globally. You will be expected to manage all Partner relationships and drive growth through into the Marine sector, whilst ensuring both you and the Partners achieve the Groups objectives.
- Ownership of Regional Product/Service performance
- Participate in exhibitions and events
- Identify and execute a high level of business development activity i.e. prospecting via marketing campaigns, cold calls, networking, meetings and submittal of proposals to create a robust sales pipeline.
- Attend and present at customer meetings offsite and accompany customer visits onsite
- Utilise all The Groups reporting and customer tools
- Commercially and technically evaluate tenders received
- Provide resolution of technical queries as interface to the customer
- Work with End Customers, EPC’s and Partners in designated region to develop theirs and our business together.
- Support Group BD Director to carry out their role (as necessary)
- Work with Commercial and Project Delivery Engineering teams on all customer solutions
- Provide social media/marketing input within designated region
- Build relationships across peer group within all companies
- Meet agreed personal objectives/KPI’s
- Train and Mentor Business Development Representatives as necessary
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with Company/Group policies, procedures, standards and work instructions
- Make a proactive contribution to the successful implementation and maintenance of Health, Safety & Environmental policies and processes
- Any other reasonable duty as is assigned
- Regional Product/Service Knowledge – ability to lead promotion of specific product capabilities across portfolio of Group and have ownership of sales actions/promotions aligned to that product service
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good IT and report writing skills
- Ability to travel internationally around 30% - 50% of the time, to meet client needs
- Develop a Clear understanding of the Marine market in region of responsibility
- Use of CRM, or software associated with Customer Relationship Management
- Highly committed individual
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Target driven
- Proven interpersonal and influencing/negotiation skills
- Ability to form close relationships with customers, contractors and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to operate at all levels of a business, both internally and externally
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with others and be flexible to change
- Seeks alternative / innovative solutions to resolve issues
- Committed to the success of the Company
Qualifications & Experience
- Sales and Commercial experience is essential
- Experience within the Marine sector is essential
- Experience within the oil, gas energy sectors (desirable)
- Good technical knowledge of one or more The Group offerings
- (Pressurised habitats, H2S and fire suppression) is essential
- Good technical aptitude
- Sound Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package – Word, Excel &
- Engineering Qualification (desirable)
If you have a wealth of experience working in the Marine sector in a Business Development position and meet the required criteria then please feel free to contact Stefan at Influx Recruitment on 0131 331 1500 or via email: email@example.com