International Sales Director | Permanent | Attractive Salary, OTE circa £200,000
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established renewables manufacturing business with a small, motivated team. The company exports products to every continent and has installations in more than 60 countries.
They are currently enjoying a period of growth and, to capitalise on the additional opportunities, they are recruiting an International Sales Director who will take full responsibility for the commercial and sales requirements for the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the International Sales Director will ultimately be responsible for global commercial sales.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Drive new business revenue generation in target sectors
- Identify, develop and close sales opportunities with their customer base
- Prospect, develop, and service relationships with direct clients, growth new business accounts
- Confidently present our portfolio of custom solutions
- Gain market share with existing customers
- Manage existing key accounts in your region as directed and grow sales within these accounts;
- Work with marketing and existing support teams in the business to develop lead generation activities and research markets for the products
- Develop a credible sales plan and present our value proposition to target customers
- Report on sales activity using CRM and present at sales meetings as required
- Ensure targets for sales and margin are met in line with the budget plans
- Work closely with operational and internal staff to ensure that product and customer service meet with your customers’ requirements
- Extensive international travel
To be considered for this position, you will have experience of developing business in a senior technical sales role. You will have an engineering qualification (preferably Electrical), experience of developing a sales distribution network. It would be advantageous to have some knowledge of renewable energy systems.