Managing Director | Dundee | Permanent | £negotiable
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading manufacturer at an exciting time in its history. With more than 30 years history in Dundee, this is a well-established business, now part of a global group with more than 12,000 employees.
It currently has a vacancy for a high-calibre Managing Director to take responsibility for the performance of the business, as directed by the organisation’s overall strategy.
Reporting into the VP of the European Management Team, the Managing Director will develop a strategic operating plan that reflects the longer-term objectives and priorities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining an effective management team;
- Planning cost-effective operations and market development activities;
- Formulating and successfully implementing company policy;
- Closely monitoring operational and financial results against plans and budget;
- Maintaining an on-going dialogue with the EMT in Belgium;
- Identifying best practice over Europe and reconciling with other company entities in Europe;
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management team and other employees;
- Ensuring a positive working environment across the business;
- Building long term, trusting relationships with business partners and authorities
You will have a relevant MSc. level qualification and experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment and experience in a similar senior executive position.
- Experience of strategic planning, financial management and people management;
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills;
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills;
- Commercial insight; knowledge of markets and changing business environments;
- Enhanced analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems;
- Effective decision making skills;
- A good understanding of Continuous Improvement methodologies and manufacturing excellence;
- The ability and willingness to travel.