Manufacturing Engineer | Ayrshire | Permanent | £neg.
As a leading manufacturer, supplier, and tester of bespoke metal products, this multi-national company with more than 30 years of history offers an excellent opportunity for an outstanding Manufacturing professional to assume responsibility for the site manufacturing related activities.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintain product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Complete design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
The successful candidate is likely to have a relevant degree level qualification with experience of:
- Manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development and presenting technical information.
- Applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials
- Communicating with equipment vendors
- Working within an extremely fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Providing tooling and manufacturing solutions for CNC machines.