Mechanical Design Engineer | Lanarkshire | Permanent | £negotiable based on experience
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of designing assemblies and machined components?
A market leading manufacturer of production equipment for the packaging industry require an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their existing team.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for designing products using AutoDesk Inventor.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create assembly & detailed part drawings for manufacture
- Prepare purchase requisitions & bills of material
- Use CAM software to program CNC parts
- Liaise with admin team & customers to assist with quote preparation
- Travel to customer sites to carry out surveys on existing equipment
It is expected that the Mechanical Design Engineer will have a relevant academic qualification (e.g. Mechanical Engineering) with post-qualification work experience in a design engineering role.
It would be advantageous to have experience in the use of Smartcam or other CAM packages. Experience within the packaging industry would be advantageous.