Mechanical Facilities Technician | Fife | Permanent | Very Attractive Salary
A rare opportunity to join an early stage, hi-tech, start-up manufacturing business. This position will suit a Mechanical Maintenance professional with experience in facilities support.
Reporting to the Facilities & HSE Manager, the Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of, and repairs to all mechanical, equipment on site.
Specifically, this will include AC units, Process Chillers, Primary and Secondary Process Cooling Systems, Ultra-Pure Water System, Waste Water Treatment Plant, Air Compressors, Bulk and Specialist Gas Systems and Process Vacuum System.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Designing/amending maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods for new installations
- Accountable for the installation of new parts ensuring equipment is working correctly
- Diagnosing faults, breakdown problems, troubleshooting all machinery and equipment
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaising with other engineering and production colleagues
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores, equipment and costs
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will have proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and repairing of support services equipment and process systems. You should also be comfortable working as part of a maintenance team to ensure performance targets are met and operational efficiency is maximised.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a mechanical maintenance environment and a strong bias towards Air Condition maintenance would be advantageous.