Product Design Engineer | Fife | Permanent | £neg
Influx Recruitment are delighted to be working with an established, global manufacturing business based in Fife. Due to their continued success, they are currently recruiting a Mechanical Product Design Engineer to work on the design and costing of systems from concept.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will take responsibility for the development of designs from concept through to production. You will also provide technical support to production, sales and external customers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Prepare cost, delivery and technical proposals for quotations
- Provide technical support internally and externally
- Responsible for product design and feasibility
- Define and select components for quotation purposes
- Project planning and organisation of progress reviews
- Co-ordination and liaison with all project contacts, internal and external
- Main technical point of contact for customer (development projects)
To be successful, it is expected that you will have a HND / Degree level qualification in a relevant engineering bias (Mechanical/Electrical Engineering). Ideally, you will have experience of using Autodesk Inventor or other CAD tools.
You should be able to handle complex and often unique projects from a diverse range of technology demands within tight time constraints to the complete satisfaction of external customers.