Principal DSP Software Engineer | Edinburgh | Permanent | £neg.
This multi-national, leader in the design and manufacture of wireless communication technology is looking to recruit an outstanding Principal DSP Software Design Engineer to add to their existing design team.
Reporting to the Product Line Manager, as Principal DSP Software Engineer you will support the group by developing, leading, motivating, managing, and optimally allocating DSP staff to product development, advanced development, and departmental and corporate projects.
You will work with engineering leaders to define and improve DSP design techniques and processes, identify potential future technologies, and define the strategic direction for the DSP group. You will guide the group to develop and maintain audio products and accessories that meet the quality, cost, and delivery requirements set by the Product Development and Global Marketing Divisions.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Lead the activities of DSP engineering Associates (direct reports ranging from entry to more senior level)
- Regularly interact with and provide updates to senior Engineering management. Work directly with internal and external project managers to assure that work planning and task resources are allocated to ensure predictable and consistent results
- Develop performance and growth plans with Associates and evaluate Associate performance against the plans. Provide for Associate skills training to assure the success of product implementation and Associate career development.
- Responsible for implementing, documenting, and improving engineering methods to support established product development processes
You will be qualified to BSc or higher in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering with an emphasis in Digital Signal Processing strongly desired. You should have significant experience as an Engineer, focusing on product development as well as experience as a Team Leader or Manager incorporating DSP Software, Hardware or System Design.
Any experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Low latency audio processing
- Audio processing for conferencing
- Microphone arrays
- Designing and deploying DSP algorithms for FPGA targets
- Audio codecs
- Spatial audio
- Audio algorithm and system testing and validation
- Modelling and Simulation tools such as Matlab or NumPi/SciPi