Production Controller | Stockport | Permanent | £neg.
As a leading manufacturer, supplier, and tester of bespoke metal products, this multi-national company with more than 30 years of history offers an excellent opportunity for a Production Controller to join their Production team and manage the Production Control system.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for facilitating, monitoring and developing an efficient and effective production department, specifically in areas of policy and procedure.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintain, develop and improve wherever possible, company procedures, standards of quality and workmanship to BS EN ISO 9001 & AS9100 at all times.
- Ensure all health and safety regulations are observed and maintained.
- Organise and plan the workload as well as issuing shop documentation in a timely manner to ensure all delivery objectives are achieved in the most economic and efficient way whilst maintaining quality.
- Continually strive to improve by review of the working procedures, the efficiency of the business, instigating change as required.
- Construct, monitor and maintain production schedules in line with sales orders and customer requirements.
- Assist the Production Control Supervisor ensuring each (resource) work centre is effectively loaded, whilst providing the foreman with a weekly work-to list for all production areas and resources.
It is expected that you will have experience of planning in an Engineering / Machining / Welding / Assembly environment. You will excellent communication and IT (MS Office) skills and good attention to detail.