Production Manager | Dundee | Permanent | circa £45,000
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading manufacturer at an exciting time in its history. With more than 30 years history in Dundee, this is a well-established business, now part of a global group with more than 12,000 employees.
It currently has a vacancy for a high-calibre Production Manager to play a key role defining the production processes and implementing a Continuous Improvement culture.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, the Production Manager will take responsibility for the management of production across a large manufacturing site; managing operators, FLT drivers, goods inwards/outwards staff, shift technicians and engineers, to ensure shift production targets are achieved while maintaining quality levels.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Management responsibility for ensuring effective utilisation of resources to ensure operational KPI’s are achieved.
- Manage day to day production planning
- Share best practice through shifts and across all manufacturing teams.
- Establish, produce and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Manage improvements through Production Supervisors and Operators within each zone of responsibility.
- Manage goods inwards and outwards activities through monitoring of system reports to ensure stock integrity and availability to production lines.
- Ensure appraisals are delivered to immediate reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate production and engineering skill levels are available across shifts to support production demands.
- Identifying and driving development needs of staff.
You will have a relevant degree level qualification and experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
It is also important for you to have experience working within a continuous improvement / lean manufacturing / 6 Sigma environment with a track record of developing and leading a multi-skilled manufacturing team.