This position is a key position within the Senior Management Team based in Batam, Indonesia. The Quality Manager is expected to establish and maintain appropriate systems and processes for the assurance of quality, and to implement controls to test and monitor the effectiveness of those procedures and processes and the actual product quality being delivered from the facility, with a view to ensuring that customers can reliably receive a very high standard of product in full compliance to customer contracts, applicable codes and standards, and above industry benchmarks.
- Overall management of Quality Assurance and Quality Control personnel including management of costs, task allocation, priorities, administrative arrangements, personnel safety, and compliance to Company policies and regulations.
- Development, implementation, maintenance, review, and continual improvement of the Company's Quality Assurance System.
- Management of third party certification of the Company's quality system and manufacturing processes including API Q1 / ISO 9000, and relevant accreditations applicable to the Company's business including API, ASME, ASTM, ISO, BS, EN, DNV, SSPC, NACE, and MIGAS.
- Management of Quality Assurance audit processes with certifying and accreditation authorities as well as customers and internal.
- Management of key internal processes for Quality Assurance as designated in the Quality Procedures, Process Owners matrix.
- Managing the process of management review of the quality system and ensuring that KPls are established in each element of the processes, are monitored, and that the feedback loop is closed so that lessons learned are gathered and fed back such as to ensure continuous improvement based on real data and experience.
- Managing all internal quality control processes, including ensuring the processes in place are adequate and suitable to achieve the intended outcomes, personnel are appropriately trained and qualified in performing those roles, and resourcing is adequate to meet smooth production flow, production deadlines, and customer commitments.
- Maintaining all calibration and test records for measuring and monitoring equipment using in manufacture and quality control processes
- Maintaining personnel certification and testing records and monitor to ensure all personnel remain within required certifications
- Liaising with, managing and controlling all third party verification, NOE, and testing services and being the single point of contact within the Company for such services
- Representing the Company and Group Companies as required on all matters related to Quality. Promoting the Company to customers and managing customer relationships in respect of quality
- Being the Company's Management Representative for Quality.
- Accountable for effective management and Implementation of QMS and Continual improvement process including maintaining accreditation.
- The position is overall accountable to ensure compliance of the Company's procedures, policies and processes established for the reliable output of quality product from the Batam facility.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or related field
- Training in Quality Management and Assurance, including ISO 9000
- Extensive experience in managing quality control and assurance processes in Oil & Gas industry related to welding & fabrication for piping, exotic materials welding / overlay, pressure vessels, skids fabrication, valve manufacturing etc.
- Extensive experience in conventional and advanced NDT methods & techniques and managing NDT department.
- Level 3 qualified NDT desirable