Quality Manager | Ayrshire | Permanent | £neg.
As a leading manufacturer, supplier, and tester of bespoke metal products, this multi-national company with more than 30 years of history offers an excellent opportunity for an outstanding Quality professional to assume full responsibility for the site quality related activities.
The Quality Manager will report to the Plant Director and be responsible for Quality Control & Quality Assurance on site. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the Quality system in line with company policy, customer, and national standards: ISO 9001, ISO 3834-2 & API Q1.
- Lead the Quality functions on site to embed continuous improvement methodologies into day to day activities.
- Analyse and improve current processes by establishing relevant metrics and KPI
- Manage the internal audit schedule, coordinate and conduct audits.
- Coordination of internal & supplier NCR disposition.
- Monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measuring against set KPI
- Coordination of concessions.
- Carry out technical review in respect of QA/QC activities at order review stage to ensure we have the capability to meet customer requirements.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience in the Oil & Gas manufacturing sector with:
- Exposure to a lean manufacturing environment
- Participated in, but ideally led quality improvement initiatives
- Managerial or supervisory experience.
- Awareness of oil & gas manufacturing sector requirements particularly OEM specific requirements and specifications.
- Excellent computer and IT skills, with experience of Quality systems such as Microsoft, Q-Pulse, E-Max
- Good working knowledge in several of the following areas:
- Dimensional metrology
- Engineering drawings
- Fabrication & welding
- Assembly & test