Quality Manager | Ayrshire | Permanent | Attractive Salary
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established manufacturing business with a small, motivated team. The company exports products to every continent and has installations in more than 60 countries.
They are currently enjoying a period of growth and require a Quality Manager to join their team to lead all aspects of Quality and Compliance within the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Quality Manager will lead and be accountable for all aspects of Quality and Compliance within the business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Quality functions to embed continuous improvement methodologies into day to day activities
- Analyse and improve current processes by establishing relevant metrics and KPI
- Manage the internal audit schedule, coordinate and conduct audits
- Manage all QA/QC activities
- Liaise with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements to be placed on external suppliers
- Coordination of customer and third party Quality Audits.
- Responsible for compliance with required standards, and knowledge of latest standards
- Customer audit leadership & liaison with customer Quality representatives
- Quality control management for inbound materials
- Quality control management for outbound products
- Understanding customer specific Quality requirements and ensuring compliance
- Development, maintenance and approval of Quality Policy, Manual and relevant processes & procedures
- Fulfil Quality training requirements for employees
- Analysis and reporting of Quality data and metrics, including Key Performance Indicators
- Management of Quality Improvement plans
- Monitoring & Management of field complaints and field incidents
To be considered for this position, you will have experience of developing and implementing structured Quality processes and procedures in an electrical and mechanical manufacturing environment.
It is expected that you will have expert level knowledge of relevant standards, including ISO 9001 & ATEX and be experienced at supplier audits.