Recruiting an experienced Site Manager to co-ordinate the day to day activities of tradesmen. The role will involve the safe management of tradesmen on site to enable the installation of hygienic stainless steel pipework and mechanical installations on sites.
Their primary role will be to ensure safe working of all employees on the sites. Secondary roles include managing labour, materials and suppliers; liaising directly with Project Engineers to ensure the successful completion of ongoing projects; and tendering for future works.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Co-ordinate all ongoing works to ensure they are completed safely.
2. Write, issue and manage Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
3. Complete daily safety planning briefs.
4. Complete site and project health and safety audits.
5. Manage labour to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
6. Manage training, complete toolbox talks and safety briefs.
7. Liaise directly with Engineers on current and future projects.
8. Co-ordinate suppliers, equipment and material orders.
1. Health and safety qualification (ideally NEBOSH, as a minimum IOSH Managing Safely).
2. Previous experience of writing, issuing and managing Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
3. Experience of site-based working.
4. Be able to liaise confidently with Engineers and their sub-contractors.
5. Good IT skills.
6. A technical knowledge of stainless steel pipework installation is preferable but the role will be supported with a site foreman who can assist.
Employment Status and Salary
1. Initial 12 week trial which, on successful completion, will become a permanent placement.
2. £30-40,000 per annum although this is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
3. Monday to Friday, some weekend work in support of ongoing projects. Hours to suit site and projects.
4. Potential immediate start.